Charlotte Homes | Hilton Head
zbBOckJHvpBwXFscQQE < back to Hilton Head
Here are some more pictures of Hilton Head Resort and our wide uncrowded beach.
Here is a list of the 12 parks on the island: (Chaplin community park is right next door to our resort)
- Crossings Park, located near the Cross Island Expressway off Helmsman Way, has baseball fields, a soccer field, open space, a playground, interpretative trails, picnic areas and restrooms.
- Bristol Skate Park, located next to Crossings Park, has a roller hockey court (which doubles as a basketball court), a skate park and restrooms.
- Barker Field, located in the Fish Haul and Baygall area, has baseball fields, a multi-purpose field, a boardwalk, observation deck and restrooms.
- Chaplin Community Park, just off US Highway 278 between Singleton Beach Road and Burkes Beach Road, has tennis courts, basketball courts, multi-purpose fields, a playground, a dog park, walking trails, beach access and restrooms.
- Cordillo Tennis Courts, located on Cordillo Parkway off Pope Avenue, has three tennis courts.
- Fish Haul Creek Park, at the east end of Beach City Road, has a nature trail, boardwalk, picnic areas and restrooms. (one of my personal favorites)
- Green Shell Park, on Squire Pope Road, has a playground, picnic area, historic site, basketball court and restrooms.
- Hilton Head Park, off US Highway 278 across from Wild Horse Road, has tennis courts, a basketball court and a soccer field.
- Honey Horn, located at the intersection of US Highway 278, the Cross Island Expressway and Gum Tree Road, has historic structures and hosts community events. (new park with butterfly pavillion)
- Jarvis Creek Park, off US Highway 278 across from Wilborn Road, has a freshwater pond for fishing (catch and release only!), a floating dock, a playground, a grass meadow, picnic facilities, grills, swings, paved pathways, mulched trails and restrooms. (great place to see gators)
- Shelter Cove Community Park, off Shelter Cove Lane, has walking trails, views of Broad Creek, picnic areas and hosts community events.
- The Island Recreation Center, at 20 Wilborn Road, has tennis courts, a pool, gymnasium, playground, multi-purpose field, restrooms, and is ADA compliant
HERE ARE SOME YOU TUBE VIDEOS ON HILTON HEAD ISLAND
For General Information on the Island click here or click here for more ideas including for kids
For Golf on the Island click here
For a 5 minute video of nearby Savannah click here